I have been using Articulation Station for the last several weeks in therapy. I wanted to review the app soon because they are offering a 40% discount during the month of March. This is my 3rd articulation app to try out with my students with speech delays. And I have to say, I saved the best for last! I have brought it out for 4-5 sessions in a row with my students and never hear complaints. Typically, if I bring out an app we’ve done in the last couple weeks I get some groans. But this is visually pleasing to students and extremely easy to use. My favorite features are the memory game at the word level and reading level passages. For as simple a game as memory is, students love the interaction and turn taking and stay engaged for the whole session. In addition to the simple games and stories, it has all the standard features of the other articulation apps, voice output, voice recording, data tracking, and all English phonemes targeted in all positions of words.
- Sounds can be targeted at the word, sentence and reading level.
- App includes simple interactive games
- Easy to use voice recording feature
- Most engaging articulation app
- Good variety of pictures
- Data tracking feature is easy to use
- Multiple user accounts available
- Sounds can be purchased separately making it much more affordable for parents targeting specific sounds for kids or SLPs wanting to try the app before paying the full cost of all phonemes needed.
- At the reading level, the voice output reads the entire passage at one time. (I haven’t found a way to stop the voice output, so if you accidentally tap the passage you can end up having to wait a bit while the entire passage is read aloud.) Updated 3/26/12: Thanks to the advice from a friendly commenter, I learned that you can touch the passage a 2nd time to stop the voice output. I’ve discovered that you may need to touch the passage 1-2 times to get it to respond but it will definitely stop after a couple taps!
- Most expensive articulation app (so buy now during the month of March!!) Updated 4/5/2012: The new price of the app is now $49.99, not just during the month of March!
Recommended: YES (5 out of 5 Stars)
Note: I was provided with a free promotional code by the developer for this app for review purposes. I received no compensation to write this post.